Washington Gas Has Record-Breaking Week During Arctic Blast
Public Company Information:
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WGL (NYSE: WGL) and Washington Gas announce that during the week of February 15, 2015 through February 19, 2015, the company broke records for three out of its top five highest days ever of natural gas delivery.
Washington Gas’ new record was set on Thursday, February 19, 2015, with 1.672 million dekatherms (dths) of natural gas delivered to its 1.1 million customers in the metropolitan Washington, D.C., area. There were two other record-setting days within that same week:
- #1: Thursday, February 19, 2015 – 1.672 million dths
- #2: Sunday, February 15, 2015 – 1.652 million dths
- #3: Friday, January 16, 2009 – 1.644 million dths
- #4: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 – 1.634 million dths
- #5: Monday, February 16, 2015 – 1.603 million dths
“We are exceptionally proud of our gas delivery system and very pleased to see how extraordinarily well it operated during these peak day conditions,” said WGL Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Terry D. McCallister. “This consistent, high level of performance and execution is all about the people, processes and values that drive WGL and Washington Gas to serve its customers safely and reliably each day of the year.”
As bitter cold temperatures continue to shatter decades old records in our region, WGL encourages all of its customers to practice energy efficiency by applying the following low-cost or no-cost tips:
- Change or clean furnace/air filters once a month and schedule an annual furnace or boiler check-up with a licensed professional.
- Caulk and weather strip around doors and windows.
- Install rubber gaskets behind outlet and switch plates.
- Turn the water heater down to warm or low settings, never more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Use cold water for laundry using specially formulated cold-water detergents.
- Consider installing new, high-efficiency appliances.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR energy-efficient product label.
- Consider purchasing a programmable thermostat, which automatically lowers the temperature setting at night and increases the setting during the day.
For those customers having difficulty paying their gas bills, Washington Gas offers a number of energy assistance and payment options:
- The Washington Gas Budget Plan: This plan allows eligible customers to spread the cost of winter heating over the entire year. It helps to minimize the impact of typically higher seasonal bills and provides greater flexibility in managing a household budget. If customers are having difficulty paying winter heating bills, they should call Washington Gas at 703-750-1000 as soon as possible to discuss any concerns or billing issues.
- The Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF): Founded in 1983 by Washington Gas, WAFF is a financial assistance program that helps families who do not qualify for, or who have exhausted, government energy assistance. Administered by The Salvation Army, WAFF provides funds for all types of fuel to heat families’ homes in the winter. To date, the program has disbursed over $23 million in funds to help more than 260,000 residents in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region. For more information on WAFF, please visit washingtonareafuelfund.org.
For information about energy assistance, the budget plan, energy efficiency, safety and more, go to wgl.com.
WGL (NYSE-WGL), headquartered in Washington, D.C., is a leading source for clean, efficient and diverse energy solutions. With activities in 32 states and the District of Columbia, WGL consists of Washington Gas, WGL Energy, WGL Midstream and Hampshire Gas. WGL Energy delivers a full ecosystem of energy offerings including natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction, distributed generation and energy efficiency provided by WGL Energy Services, Inc. (formerly Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc.), WGL Energy Systems, Inc. (formerly Washington Gas Energy Systems, Inc.) and WGSW, Inc. WGL provides options for natural gas, electricity, green power and energy services, including generation, storage, transportation, distribution, supply and efficiency. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy for our employees, our community and all our customers. Whether you are a homeowner or renter, small business or multinational corporation, state and local or federal agency, WGL is here to provide Energy Answers. Ask Us. For more information, visit us at www.wgl.com.
Ruben Rodriguez, 202-624-6620
Douglas Bonawitz, 202-624-6129